The Foundation is a non-profit organization registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 to functions as a centralized body for the
CSR activities of the various group companies. Another objective of the Foundation is to adopt and directly manage CSR activities at the group level and also to oversee and create cross-company synergies to encourage exchange of
CSR ideas, adoption of best practices and learnings.
The social endeavors of the group have been categorized under the broad area of education, employability and environment.
Role of the Foundation
In addition, the Foundation also has a think-tank engaged in research on macro-economic issues, mainly concerning the industry and the corporate sector.
Some of the activities undertaken by the think-tank are
- To adopt and directly manage a few major CSR activities at the Group level.
- To oversee the individual CSR functions of the companies.
- To create cross-company synergies of best CSR practices and learnings.
- Examination of bills and reports on economic issues that are introduced in the Parliament.
- Analysis of reports by government committees/institutions, to understand the implications for industry and trade
Creation of case studies for use in corporate management.
Collection, collation and analysis of data on various economic topics, to anticipate trends in prices, interest rates, exchange rates, external trade, economic growth, etc.
Production of the monthly publication 'State of Business' for use by corporate executives
Bringing out opinion based articles on macro economics.